Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Manny Pacquiao vs Antonio Margarito



I saw once in a video that Margarito was tagged as "The Beast of Boxing". This was during his prime before (and probably after) he gave Miguel Cotto his first ever defeat by KOing him in the 11th round.


Miguel Cotto's first ever loss in his career.

During this time a fight between Pacquiao and Margarito would really be a big one, but it seems Pacman was targetting a big bout with The Golden Boy Oscar Dela Hoya. This was also his first time to move up to welterweight (147 lbs.) if I remembered correctly after his victory against David Diaz he was asked about moving up above Lightweight,he said it depends on his promoter and something like why not but when he was asked about 147 he smiled and said "No".

Anyway just a little something about the past of Pacman. Moving on to Margarito... his next fight was against Shane Mosley. Miguel Cotto back in 2007 defeated mosley in 12 rounds via unanimous decision, he outboxed Shane Mosley. Margarito on the other hand KO'd Cotto, and another thing was mosley is older so we can say he is close becoming an aging fighter back then and I would have bet against mosley on this fight but to everyone's surprise Mosley KO'd Margarito in the 9th round.


Mosley (Left) hit Margarito with a devastating punch.

But before we jump into any conclusions, before his fight with mosley, Margarito and his trainer was caught putting on illegal handwraps (handwraps containing plaster of paris ingredients). Still the fight went on but we see a demoralized Margarito so it might be the factor why Mosley was able to KO him. Margarito was then banned for a year from boxing.

Here we see a worthy opponent for Manny which is Sugar Shane Mosley. For some reasons I don't know why a fight between Mosley and Pacquiao didn't push through, it would have been interesting (I predict a close fight but a late KO win for Manny),instead we were left with...

Pacquiao vs Clottey

Never got me excited we didn't even bother watching it on cinemas like the previous fights. But the Mayweather vs Mosley really got me excited. I would have bet on Mosley but I was surprised at the results. But in my opinion Mosley threw that fight, and since Mayweather won I was expecting it was a hype for a mega fight between him and Pacquiao but unfortunately it didn't push through.

Oops we were talking about Margarito.... if this fight pushes through I'm not yet sure if it's really a worthy fight to see since Margarito came from a 1 year suspension and his last fight was won via decision against an opponent who I'm sure Pacquiao can KO with ease. But to be fair to Margarito, let's just say a 15-20% chance he can be a worthy opponent because his latest victory was probably a tune up to prepare him for a bigger fight but take note that age can be a big factor. For someone older and coming out from a year lay-off that can be a big loss. My take on this one...if Pacquiao is in tip top condition meaning well-prepared for this fight I predict an early KO win for Manny. And yes I'm also saying that the only way Manny can lose to Margarito is if he doesn't prepare for this fight.

(Just to get me started on blogging I had to lessen the details on this entry but will post more soon ^^)

No comments:

Post a Comment